Date posted: February 9th, 2015
Closing date: February 27th, 2015
Salary: $17 per hour
Job type: Part-time, 30 hrs/per week, 9 month contract
Start date: ASAP
Location: Victoria or Vancouver, BC (Victoria is preferred)
Dogwood and Leadnow.ca both use technology to empower hundreds of thousands of people to put control back in the hands of the public by bringing together citizens of all backgrounds to reclaim decision-making power and change the conversation.
Our model combines large-scale citizen engagement and smart strategic campaigning underscored by a commitment to continual improvement through sophisticated testing and analytics. Good, clean data and digital infrastructure is what makes our world go ‘round. We are looking for a tech savvy Organizer to support our field teams in using and adopting our digital tools.
Reporting to the Director of Organizing at Dogwood and the Manager of National Organizing at Leadnow and working closely with staff and supporters, the Digital Organizer will lead the digital training of our provincial and regional leaders.
- Identify and recruit key team members from within our membership for digital core leadership teams.
- Develop and maintain leadership within your network of Digital Organizers.
- Organize regular meet ups (webinars, in person meetings and/or conference calls) with your core leadership team.
- Participate in regular face-to-face check-ins or conference calls with the digital team.
- Coordinate with Regional Organizers to plan and implement trainings in digital skills.
- Monitor and respond to digital needs/challenges of campaign and organizers.
- In collaboration with Digital staff, develop and update training materials, webinars and how to guides.
- Strong technological aptitudes and proficiencies.
- Previous experience using Customer Relationship Management (“CRM”) software, such as Salesforce or NationBuilder
- A minimum of 1-2 years related experience.
- Experience training others and fostering leadership.
- A demonstrated passion for citizen engagement and holding governments accountable.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage a small team.
- Willingness to test ideas and step outside your comfort zone.
- Experience in a campaign setting (political or non-profit).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage complex projects.
- Genuine curiosity and enjoyment of people.
Training and Support:
- You will be trained in the Marshall Ganz model of community organizing and will be applying, testing and have ownership of its evolution as it’s applied in Canada for the first time at scale.
- Your work will be supported and created in collaboration with mentors, aspiring leaders and inspired community members.
- Regular one-on-one peer coaching with Dogwood and Leadnow’s leadership teams.
Salary: $17 per hour (Part-time, 30 hrs per week) 9 month contract
Dogwood Initiative and Leadnow.ca offer a flexible and rewarding work environment. If you’re interested in this position and meet the requirements please e-mail a résumé and a one-page cover letter detailing why you’d like to work with us and why you’re the right person for the job by February 27th to:
Matt Takach, Operations Director
Interviews may happen on a rolling basis, so please get your application in as soon as possible. When submitting your application please include your name in the subject line of the email and save your attachments with your first and last name in the title, such as: "Ann_Smith_Cover_Letter.pdf" and "Ann_Smith_Resume.pdf."
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No phone calls please.