Supporter Services Coordinator
Date posted: November 29, 2013
Closing date: January 5, 2014
Salary: $18 - $20/hr depending on experience, plus benefits
Job type: Full-time (37.5 hrs/week)
Start date: February 1st, 2014
Location: Victoria, BC
Wherever you go in the world, private interests are taking over public resources, such as air, land and water. In British Columbia, Dogwood Initiative is pioneering a model to put control back in the hands of the public by bringing together citizens and First Nations to reclaim decision-making power over their natural resources.
The Dogwood model combines large-scale citizen engagement and recognition of aboriginal land rights with a non-partisan political approach, both of which are underscored by a commitment to continual improvement through sophisticated testing and analytics.
Not only are we building a model for citizens to take back control of their air, land and water, but we are also developing a template for how citizen-based organizations can become financially self-sufficient.
We currently have an opportunity for a Supporter Services Coordinator to join our talented team.
The Supporter Services Coordinator works closely with the Administrative and Development teams to manage the administrative operations and support the fundraising work of Dogwood Initiative. The Supporter Services Coordinator is responsible for office administration, donation management, bookkeeping support as well as some aspects of fundraising, human resources and program related work as required.
- Process donations and manage donation tracking systems and reports.
- Front line communication with supporters by phone, email and in person, relating to both donations and program/campaign inquiries.
- Manage paper and digital filing systems for the organization.
- Support the Bookkeeper in the organization’s financial management and tracking.
- Ensure the smooth and effective operation of a non-profit office, including managing facility, equipment and related contracts, ordering supplies and postage
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be extremely well organized, able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines, and work independently and as part of a team.
- Previous exposure to fundraising with a progressive organization in a paid or voluntary capacity.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong technological aptitudes and proficiencies are preferred with a focus on experience in Microsoft Office applications. Previous experience using Customer Relationship Management (“CRM”) software, such as Salesforce, posting to websites and using mass mailer software are considerable assets but not essential.
- Knowledge of Quick Books or similar software as well as and understanding of basic accounting principles a considerable asset, but not required.
- Desire and ability to make a minimum 2-year commitment.
- A demonstrated passion for citizen engagement and holding governments accountable are strong assets.
Salary: $18 - $20/hr depending on experience, plus benefits (37.5 hrs/week).
Dogwood Initiative offers a flexible and rewarding work environment, including four weeks paid vacation in your first year.
If you’re interested in this position and meet the requirements please e-mail a résumé and a one-page cover letter detailing why you’d like to work for Dogwood Initiative and why you’re the right person for the job by January 5th to:
Matt Takach, Operations Director
Interviews may happen on a rolling basis, so please get your application in as soon as possible. When submitting your application please name and save your attachments with your first and last name in the title, such as: "Ann_Smith_Cover_Letter.pdf" and "Ann_Smith_Resume.pdf."
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No phone calls please.
Dogwood Initiative is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, political belief, age, gender, sexual orientation or class. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the Canada.